This gives several advantages instead of hexavalent chromium (Cr6+) which are environmentally dangerous and carcinogenic, so the use of hexavalent chromium have already been banned in several different industries.
Advantages of trivalent chrome at MFF are:
- Significant improvement for the environment.
- Improvement of the internal working environment.
- Minimal risk for lack of coverage of nickel with chromium, which previously has appeared with exposed nickel / yellowish areas.
- We still meet the requirements of the standard for layer thicknesses.
- No visual color differences compared to the previously produced parts at MFF.
- The process is best available technique (BAT) in the field.
1 fully-automatic rack plating line. Max length of components: 3000 x 1450 x 600 mm
Characteristics of the surface treatment:
The surface has a matt appearance like aluminium or stainless steel. Typical coating thickness varies from 5 to 25 µ.
There can be visual differences between various suppliers’ satin chrome platings. Therefore, it is recommended you order a sample before initiation of production.
Satin chrome plating is used among others in the furniture industry, auto industry and electronics industry etc.
Contact us by e-mail for further information and production sample.
Get technical specifications here.